Welcome to ReefBeat, a mobile application (the “App“) that assists you in operating Red Sea’s various smart devices (“Devices”) installed in your aquarium (“Aquarium”) and in monitoring the status of your Aquarium.
We, at Red Sea Aquatics Development Ltd. and our affiliates (the “Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”), respect your privacy.
It is your decision to provide us with your personal information. You are not legally obligated to provide us with this information, but we need it in order to provide you with the App’s functionality.
- Personal data we collect. We collect information that you actively provide us in the registration process and when contacting us, and we also collect information about the mobile device from which you access the App. We also collect and use other information such as statistical information about your use of the App and other information with respect to your Aquarium and Devices, which we use, inter alia, to provide you information, notifications and warnings through the App.
- Using the information we collect. We use the information we collect to operate the App and provide you with support and feedback in response to inquiries you make. We also use the information we collect to continue to improve the App and the services provided thereby.
- Promotional Communications. We may send you email communications concerning our products (including Devices we think might interest you) and services. You may ‘opt-out’ of using your data for promotional communications at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
- Sharing the information we collect. We may share your information with third parties such as our contractors and service providers, strictly for the purpose of operating the App and providing services through the App.
- Retention. We retain your personal information for as long as we deem necessary for the purpose it was first obtained.
- Security. We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage and unauthorized access or use of your information, but these measures, just like any security measure, cannot provide absolute information security.
- Privacy of Children. You must be 18 years of age or older in order to use the App. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 18 years of age.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Information you actively provide us
Registration. Only registered users may use the App. You may register to the App by providing your email address, password, full name, phone number, country and zip code. You are also required to provide information about your Aquarium, such as Aquarium type, Aquarium system, size of the Aquarium (in gallons), type of flora and fauna in the Aquarium, time zone, etc. (“Aquarium Device Information”). Please note that this Aquarium Device Information may reveal and be indicative of your personal information, including your interests, financial situation and the contents of your home (collectively, “Registration Information”).
Inquiries. If you contact us for questions or complaints, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. This may include your full name, email address, mobile number and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry (“Inquiry Information“).
Information we automatically collect through your use of the App
Analytic Information. When you access or use the App, we may use third party analytics tools to automatically collect information about your use of the App. This information includes your session durations, the content you accessed on the App, your interactions and user-interface clicks, the frequency and scope of your use of the App (“Analytical Information“).
Mobile Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device, including its model, its operating system, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you accessed the App (“Mobile Device information”).
Geolocation Information. We collect your geolocation when you use the App (“Geolocation information”).
All the data and information specified above is referred to as the “Information” in this policy.
The App is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Information about children who are under 18 years of age.
If you are under the age of 18 you may not use the APP in any way.
USING COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use the Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Operating the App and providing its features and functionalities;
- Helping us to enhance and improve Device functionality
- Sending you updates and other communications via email or text-message (SMS) related to the App (e.g. alerting you about Device and or Aquarium possible malfunction, etc.);
- Sending you email communications concerning our products, and services and other related information (“Promotional Communications”).
You may ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ in order to disallow our use of your data for Promotional Communications at any time by sending an email to: [email protected]. By doing so, we will only delete the Information which is required to contact you for promotional communications, while the rest of your Information which is necessary to provide you with the App and the services thereunder will continue to be processed.
- Improve and enhance the services and content offered on the App.
- Generating statistical and aggregated information about users of the App;
- Providing you with support, handling complaints and inquiries and contacting you when we believe it is necessary.
- Enforcing the Terms and this Policy and preventing misuse of the App.
- Complying with any applicable law and assisting law enforcement agencies and competent authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified.
- Taking any action in any case of dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to the App, the services provided by the App and or Devices.
Sharing information collected
We will not share your Information with third parties, except in the events listed below or when you provide your explicit and informed consent:
- We may share your Information with third parties such as our contractors and service providers (such as our hosting providers) strictly for purposes of operating the App and providing services through the App.
Such third parties are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide the above services to us and not for their own promotional purposes. We do not sell your Information to third parties
- If you have breached the Terms, abused your rights to use the App, or violated any applicable law, or we reasonably believe that you have so done, your information may be shared with the competent authorities and with our counsel, if we believe such is necessary or justified;
- If we are required to disclose your Information by a judicial, governmental or regulatory authority;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind involving you with respect to the App, the services provided through the App or the Devices.
- We will share your Information with our affiliated group of companies which help us process data for the purposes set out above;
- In the event that the App or the services provided through the App are provided by a different entity, due to sale of our shares (or those of our affiliates) or purchase of the relevant part of our business or other reorganization, we may share your Information with the relevant parties.
Retaining collected information
We will retain the Information for as long as required by law. Following such period, we may retain your Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected (as detailed above), including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In determining the amount of time to hold your Information, we consider the type and amount of Information collected, and the sensitivity of such Information.
We may also anonymize your Information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such Information without further notice to you and without otherwise being bound by the terms of this policy.
Transfer of data outside your territory
Your Information will be processed by us and our corporate affiliates in various locations throughout the globe, including Europe, US, China, Hong Kong and Israel. Certain information may be stored externally via cloud services. We will only transfer your personal information to a country or company which has been deemed to have an adequate level of data protection by the EU commission, or under other adequate safeguards determined under the applicable law.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information. These measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, it is not guaranteed, and you cannot expect that the App will be immune from information security risks.
The following disclosure is made pursuant to California Online Privacy Act (CA Civil Code § 22575): When you use our App, other parties, may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different websites or online services.
Additional Provisions Applicable to individuals in the EU
Controller. Red Sea Aquatics Development Ltd. is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data we collect through the Service and for the performance of the services offered through the App.
EU Representative. Our European representative, for the purposes of this Policy, is Red Sea Europe Srl. If you are within the European Economic Area, you may contact our European representative the at the following address: 655, rue des Frères Lumière, 27130 Verneuil d’Avre et d’Iton, France.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Data.
- The legal basis for collecting the Registration Information, Inquiry Information, Geolocation Information and Aquarium Device Information is its necessity for the fulfillment of a contract between you and us, and our legitimate interest in providing you with services, as well as support and feedback in response to inquiries you make;
- The legal basis for processing and collecting Mobile Device information and Analytical Information is our legitimate interests in operating our services, ongoing management of our business and business development;
- The legal basis for collecting and processing your information for Promotional Communications is our legitimate interests in promoting ReefBeat’s products and services and informing users about relevant information concerning them.
- Further processing may occur based on legal requirements.
EU Rights. You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to Access. You have a right to access your personal data processed by us and to receive a copy of it.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to Data Portability. You have a right to receive the personal data that you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit this data to a third party. Where technically feasible, you have the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from us to a third party designated by you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any time. If you withdraw consent, we may still process certain information on a legal basis other than consent, as described in this Policy. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of data processing we carried out based on your consent before such withdrawal.
- Right to Object. You may have a right to object, based on your particular situation, to the use of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests. However, we may override such objection if we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds, or for the establishment, or exercise of defense of legal claims. You may also object at any time to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Restrict. You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data (except for storing it) in the following situations: if you contest the accuracy of your personal data, for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy; if you believe that the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the data and request instead that we restrict our use of the data; if we no longer need the personal data for the purposes outlined in this Policy, but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you otherwise object to our processing of the data, pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds for processing override yours.
- Right to be Forgotten. Under certain circumstances, such as when you withdraw your consent, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal data. However, we may still process your personal data if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject under laws of EU Member States.
If you believe your rights have been infringed, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority operating under the GDPR. For a list of supervisory authorities in the EU, click here.
You may contact us with any questions or comments, at: [email protected]
Effective date of the policy: March 3rd, 2019